Prep Time: 30 min Cook Time: 5 min Serves: 8-10 Total Time: 35 min
- 2 cups (225 g)/8 oz chapatti flour or whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
Nutrition Info (per chapatti)
0.4 g fat
21 g CHO
0.9 g fiber
- Place the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle and gradually stir in the water, mixing well with your fingers. Form a supple dough and knead for 7-10 minutes.
- Ideally, cover with clear film and leave on one side for 15-20 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions. Roll out each piece to a circle on a well-floured surface.
- Place a chapatti griddle or heavy frying pan over a high heat. When steam rises from it, lower the heat to medium and add the first chapatti to the pan.
- When the chapatti begins to bubble, turn it over. Press down with a clean dishtowel or a flat spoon and turn once again. Remove the cooked chapatti from the pan and keep warm in a piece of foil lined with kitchen paper while you cook the other chapatis. Repeat the process until all the breads are cooked. Serve hot.