by Liz Erkers RD LD MS
It’s hard to believe that the 4th of July is a few short days away! Being that it lands on a Monday, that makes it an automatic 3 day weekend and a time when many of us tend to find any excuse to veer from our weekday routine. To help manage your diet and lifestyle this holiday weekend:
- hold yourself accountable
- keep active….your body is a machine which is intended for movement
- THINK about your choices, take one meal at a time
- drink loads of water
- don’t allow yourself to have whatever you want to eat and drink just because it’s a holiday weekend. BARGAIN with yourself! You can’t have it all anymore!!
- be proud of yourself for making healthy choices
- have a safe and healthy 4th
Here is a Tip for Thought!
While adding nutrients to refined foods can theoretically increase their quality, the reality is that foods that come from the earth are invariably more complex and more nutritious than those that have been refined, then fortified.
Foods from the earth: fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, whole grains, beans, peas, legumes
Have a wonderful 4th!